Christian Medical & Dental Association Of Nigeria
Last updated: January 16, 2020
- https://www.cmdanigeria.org and/or other future website address listed here (“Websites”)
- https://www.facebook.com/cmdanigeria, https://twitter.com/cmdanigeria, https://www.instagram.com/cmdanigeria (“Social Media”)
All of the above, collectively known as (“Services”) operated by Christian Medical & Dental Association Of Nigeria (“CMDA Nigeria”, “us”, “we”, or “our”).
By accessing these Services, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these Terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing these Services. The materials contained in these Services are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. These Terms apply to all visitors, users, and others who access or use Our Services. By accessing or using Our Services you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you should not access the Services.
Intellectual Property Rights
All copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights in and on our Services and all content and software located therein shall remain the sole property of CMDA Nigeria or its licensors. The use of our trademarks, content, and intellectual property is strictly forbidden without the express, written consent from CMDA Nigeria.
You must not:
- Republish any material from our website without prior written consent.
- Sell or rent material from any of our websites or mobile app.
- Reproduce, duplicate, create derivatives, copy, or otherwise exploit material on our website for any purpose, without express, written consent.
- Redistribute any content from our websites or mobile app, whether print or electronic.
You agree to use our Services only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Services. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any other user, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within our website. You must not use our website to send unsolicited commercial communications. You must not use the content on our website for any marketing related purpose without our express written consent.
You agree not to use the Services (a) in a manner that violates any local, state, national, foreign, or international statute, regulation, rule, order, treaty, or other law; (b) to stalk, harass, or harm another individual; (c) to impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or (d) to interfere with or disrupt the CMDA Nigeria Website or servers or networks connected to the CMDA Nigeria Website. You further agree not to (1) use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods in connection with the CMDA Nigeria Website; or (2) attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the CMDA Nigeria Website or any other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the CMDA Nigeria Website, whether through hacking, password mining, or any other means.
Certain areas of the CMDA Nigeria Website may permit you to submit feedback, information, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials (each, a “User Submission”). By submitting a User Submission; whether blog posts contributed via RSS, blog posts written directly on the site, or comments/posts on social media, the contributor agrees to give CMDA Nigeria a perpetual, non-exclusive license to the content that CMDA Nigeria publishes; you grant to CMDA Nigeria an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide, license (sublicensable through multiple tiers) to (a) use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform, and publicly display your User Submissions (or any modification thereto), in whole or in part, in any format or medium now known or later developed and (b) use (and permit others to use) your User Submission in any manner and for any purpose (including, without limitation, promotional purposes) that CMDA Nigeria deems appropriate in its sole discretion (including, without limitation, to incorporate your User Submission or any modification thereto, in whole or in part, into any technology, product, or service). CMDA Nigeria reserves the right to display advertisements in connection with User Submissions and to use User Submissions for advertising and promotional purposes. CMDA Nigeria may, but is not obligated to, pre-screen User Submissions or monitor any area of the CMDA Nigeria Website through which User Submissions may be submitted. You agree that you are solely responsible for all of your User Submissions. CMDA Nigeria is not required to host, display, or distribute any User Submissions on or through the CMDA Nigeria Website and may remove at any time or refuse any User Submissions for any reason. CMDA Nigeria is not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage of any kind to any User Submissions. CMDA Nigeria does not want to receive any User Submission that is confidential. You understand and agree that any User Submission will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and that CMDA Nigeria will be free to disclose your User Submission to any third party absent any obligation of confidence on the part of the recipient. CMDA Nigeria does not guarantee that you will have any recourse through CMDA Nigeria or any third party to edit or delete any User Submission you have submitted. By posting you agree to be solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute, link to, or otherwise upload to the website and release CMDA Nigeria from any liability related to your use of the Website.
By submitting any User Submission, you represent and warrant that:
- You are at least 18 years old;
- You own all rights in your User Submissions (including, without limitation, all rights to the audio, video, or digital recording and the performance contained in your User Submissions) or, alternatively, you have acquired all necessary rights in your User Submissions to enable you to grant to CMDA Nigeria the rights in your User Submissions described herein;
- You have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other financial obligations, of any kind, arising from any use or promotional exploitation of your User Submissions;
- You are the individual pictured and/or heard in your User Submissions or, alternatively, you have obtained permission from each person (including consent from parents or guardians for any individual under the age of eighteen (18) who appears and/or is heard in your User Submissions to grant the rights to CMDA Nigeria described herein;
- Your User Submissions do not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- You voluntarily agree to waive all “moral rights” that you may have in your User Submission;
- Any information contained in your User Submission is not known by you to be false, inaccurate, or misleading;
- Your User Submission does not violate any law (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising);
- Your User Submission is not, and may not reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously, or otherwise biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, or corporation, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- You were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for submitting your User Submission;
- Your User Submission does not incorporate materials from a third party web site, or addresses, email addresses, contact information, or phone numbers (other than your own);
- Your User Submission does not contain any viruses, worms, spyware, adware, or other potentially damaging programs or files;
- Your User Submission does not contain any information that you consider confidential, proprietary, or personal;
- Your User Submission does not contain or constitute any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- You are solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute, link to, or otherwise upload to CMDA Nigeria Website; and
- You release and indemnify CMDA Nigeria and sponsors of CMDA Nigeria Website from any claims and/or liability related to your use of those Websites.
- CMDA Nigeria publishes user-contributed content in the form of blog posts, articles and comments. By providing blog posts either via RSS feed or directly on the site, comments or other content to the site, contributors agree to the following:
- Contributors may cease contributing new content at any time by emailing [email protected]
- CMDA Nigeria reserves the right to not publish contributed content at CMDA Nigeria’s discretion.
- CMDA Nigeria will attribute content to the author.
- CMDA Nigeria reserves the right to syndicate all contributed content in summary form via RSS to third parties.
- All contributed content may contain the author’s byline, a very brief biography of the author, and, in the case of material provided to us from the author’s own blog or by other submitted means, a link back to the original post in the footer of the full post.
- Contributing authors are solely responsible for the originality and accuracy of their submissions.
- CMDA Nigeria has a zero-tolerance policy for plagiarism. CMDA Nigeria recognizes that blogging is a heavily referential medium and that bloggers frequently cite and quote from each other’s work. Such citations might be protected under the legal doctrine of fair use. However, CMDA Nigeria will remove any post that crosses the line from fair use to plagiarism, at CMDA Nigeria’s sole discretion. Authors who knowingly submit plagiarized work may be banned from CMDA Nigeria communities.
- CMDA Nigeria reserves the right to remove any sharing links or advertising accompanying contributed posts.
- CMDA Nigeria reserves the right to set fonts and styles, adjust image alignments, and otherwise alter post layout to insure that posts comply with CMDA Nigeria’s global site styling.
- From time to time, CMDA Nigeria may need to display summary versions of contributed content. In such cases, CMDA Nigeria may edit posts in summary form. Such summaries will contain a link to the full and unaltered post. In such circumstances, CMDA Nigeria will strive to preserve the original meaning and intent of the content.
- CMDA Nigeria reserves the right to edit post headlines for clarity or search engine optimization (keyword inclusion).
- CMDA Nigeria reserves the right to make corrections for spelling and grammar.
- CMDA Nigeria reserves the right to reproduce blogger bios and accompanying pictures in CMDA Nigeria’s marketing and promotional materials.
CMDA Nigeria’s social communities are intended to enable lively but civil interaction. Use of language that is abusive, off-topic, uses foul language, or includes ad hominem attacks will not be tolerated. CMDA Nigeria reserves the right to determine what constitutes inappropriate behavior and to bar offenders at its sole discretion. CMDA Nigeria reserves the right to block or remove postings or communications at any time at CMDA Nigeria’s sole discretion.
Links to third-party websites
Some links on CMDA Nigeria Website may link to third-party sites. Such links are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the CMDA Nigeria Website. CMDA Nigeria is not obligated to review such third-party websites, does not control such third-party websites, and is not responsible for any such third-party websites or their content (or the products, services, or content available through the same). Thus, CMDA Nigeria does not endorse or make any representations about such third-party websites, any information, software, products, services, or materials found there or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to from the CMDA Nigeria Network, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Linking to Our Services
You may create links to our Websites from other websites, but only in accordance with the following terms and in compliance with all applicable laws.
Absent CMDA Nigeria’s written authorization otherwise, a website that links to this Site:
- May link to, but shall not replicate, any content of the CMDA Nigeria Website (including any CMDA Nigeria logo);
- Shall not create a browser or border environment around any content of the CMDA Nigeria Website;
- Shall not imply that CMDA Nigeria endorses such website or any products, services, or content available through such website;
- Shall not misrepresent its relationship with CMDA Nigeria;
- Shall not present false or misleading information about CMDA Nigeria, its products, or its services;
- Shall not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive, or controversial; and
- Shall contain only content that is appropriate for all age groups.
- Shall not link to our Doctor’s Search.
CMDA Nigeria and any other product or service name or slogan or logo contained in the CMDA Nigeria Website, progressive web app or associated brands under the CMDA Nigeria umbrella of ministries are trademarks of CMDA Nigeria or its departments, chapters, associations, suppliers or licensors and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of CMDA Nigeria or the applicable trademark holder. Ownership of all such trademarks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with CMDA Nigeria or the applicable trademark holder. You may not use any metatags or any other “hidden text” utilizing any name, trademark, or product or service name of CMDA Nigeria without CMDA Nigeria’s prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the Site (including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts) is the service mark, trademark, and/or trade dress of CMDA Nigeria and may not be copied, imitated, or used (in whole or in part) without CMDA Nigeria’s prior written permission. Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information, by trade name, trademark, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation thereof by CMDA Nigeria.
Procedure for making claims of infringement
CMDA Nigeria respects the intellectual property rights of others. Accordingly, CMDA Nigeria has a policy of removing User Submissions that violate copyright law, suspending access to the CMDA Nigeria Website (or any portion thereof) to any user who uses the CMDA Nigeria Website in violation of copyright law and/or terminating in appropriate circumstances the account of any user who uses the CMDA Nigeria Website in violation of copyright law. Pursuant to Title 17 of the United States Code, Section 512, CMDA Nigeria has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed copyright infringement and for processing such claims in accordance with such law. If you believe your copyright or other intellectual property right is being infringed by a user of the CMDA Nigeria Services, please provide written notice to the following CMDA Nigeria agent for notice of claims of infringement:
Christian Medical & Dental Association Of Nigeria
Email: [email protected]
Your written notice must: (a) contain your physical or electronic signature; (b) identify the copyrighted work or other intellectual property alleged to have been infringed; (c) identify the allegedly infringing material in a sufficiently precise manner to allow CMDA Nigeria to locate that material; (d) contain adequate information by which CMDA Nigeria can contact you (including postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address); (e) contain a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material or other intellectual property is not authorized by the owner, the owner’s agent or the law; (f) contain a statement that the information in the written notice is accurate; and (g) contain a statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or other intellectual property right owner.
International and export issues
CMDA Nigeria makes no representation that the CMDA Nigeria Services are appropriate or available for use outside Nigeria and access to the CMDA Services from territories where its contents are illegal or restricted is prohibited. If you choose to access the CMDA Nigeria Services from outside Nigeria, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable Laws.
When you visit the Site or send e-mails to CMDA Nigeria, you are communicating with CMDA Nigeria electronically. CMDA Nigeria may respond to you by e-mail or by posting notices on the Site. You agree that all such notices, disclosures, and other communications that CMDA Nigeria provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
We may in the future need to restrict access to parts (or all) of our Services and reserve full rights to do so. If, at any point, we provide you with a username and password for your access to restricted areas of our Services, you must ensure that both your username and password are kept confidential.
Limitation of Liability
The materials within these services are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, noninfringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. In no event shall cmda or its agents or officers be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, injury or death) arising out of the use of or inability to use the materials, even if CMDA Nigeria has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
If you wish to purchase any membership, product or service, or give a donation made available through any of CMDA Nigeria’s Services, you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation; your full name, your permanent email address, your credit card or PayPal information, your age, your professional service level (i.e.: first year student, resident, practitioner, etc.) your degree, etc.
We may terminate your access to the Services, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with you. All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Our Services allow you to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material (“Content”), which has been opened to the public or to specific groups for the purposes of promoting CMDA Nigeria and it’s Services. You are responsible for the use of this Content. Other Content use is expressly restricted from sharing in any manner and may jeopardize ministry functions or individuals serving in protected areas of the world.
The Contents of the CMDA Nigeria Web site do not provide medical advice.
Although CMDA Nigeria seeks to present the most current and relevant information available on healthcare issues for Christians in the United States and around the world, CMDA Nigeria does not guarantee the reliability or accuracy of this information. No information presented through the CMDA Nigeria Web Site should be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, and/or treatment.
Linking to Our Web Site
These are the terms and conditions that you and/or your organization agree to abide by when a link to the CMDA Nigeria Web site is included anywhere on your Web site:
- You agree not to use the CMDA Nigeria Web site or our visitors and their personal information as a tool to initiate fund raising or solicitation activity.
- No warranties (expressed or implied), obligations, or financial reimbursement are expected of CMDA Nigeria as result of our Web site appearing on your Web site’s page(s).
- It is understood that CMDA Nigeria reserves the right to request, for any reason, the removal of the link to our site from any page(s) that are on your Web site.
- You agree to comply with such a request within five (5) business days of notification. If you use the CMDA Nigeria logo for any reason on your Web site, you agree to use only approved logo graphics (see “Use of CMDA Nigeria Logos”), and will not tamper with the image or change it in any way.
Christian Doctor/Colleague Search
The Christian Doctor Search and CMDA Nigeria Colleague Search use our extensive member database to return names and contact information of physicians and dentists matching your search criteria. CMDA Nigeria strongly enforces the confidentiality of our members’ public and personal information. By performing a search on our member database with one or both of these tools, you, the user, understand and agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- The Christian Doctor Search is provided solely for the purpose of helping individuals locate a Christian doctor in their area.
- The CMDA Nigeria Colleague Search is to be used only by CMDA Nigeria members for either 1) patient referral: self-referral or doctor-referral, or 2) member networking for CMDA Nigeria ministry purposes.
- The information provided through either search tool may not be copied, redistributed, or otherwise used in any way that will advance the financial interests of the user.
- The Christian Medical & Dental Association Of Nigeria make no warranty, expressed or implied, nor accept any liability for any of the information in our member database, or the use of that information.
- Misuse of the Christian Doctor Search and/or CMDA Colleague Search tools, as deemed by the terms listed above, may result in the suspension of CMDA membership and/or legal prosecution against the user.
Standards 4 Life Resources
Standards 4 Life is copyright (c) 2014 to the Christian Medical & Dental Associations.
Individual copies of Standards 4 Life may be printed and distributed by those who have registered through our Web site to use this resource, provided that such copying, re-transmission, printing, or other use is not for profit or other commercial purpose.
CMDA’s Standards 4 Life may also be downloaded for non-profit use on personal or church Web sites, provided that its content(s) are not altered. Standards 4 Life is kept up-to-date with the latest facts and data on the issues covered. Those who have registered for this resource will be notified when updates are available on our Web site, and we encourage registered users to download the latest version to print and/or post online.
The Christian Medical & Dental Association Of Nigeria make no warranty, expressed or implied, nor accept any liability for any of the information provided through this resource, or the use of that information.
Bookstore Return and Refund Policy
Satisfaction is guaranteed for the items purchased through the Life & Health Resources bookstore of CMDA. Items may be returned, unused, within 90 days for a refund. Refunds are given with the assumption that said items are returned in re-sellable (ie, no stains, markings, or used condition). Shipping costs are not refundable.
By signing up for automatic dues, you are agreeing with the following statement: “I hereby authorize Christian Medical & Dental Associations (CMDA) to initiate the automatic electronic payment from my designated account as indicated effective immediately. I understand that this authority is to remain in effect until cancelled in writing by me, CMDA or the designated financial institution. Please note, by signing/signing up you are authorizing CMDA to increase your dues (less your 10 percent discount) with the standard cost of living or if your dues category should change.”
Members of the Christian Medical & Dental Associations and visitors to our Web site are typically asked for certain personal information. This may include your e-mail address, postal address, telephone numbers, and credit card information. CMDA Nigeria recognizes its obligation to protect the privacy of your information. To that end, CMDA Nigeria will never sell or lease your personal information to any commercial third parties.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us. Our offices are open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: +234 (809) 153 3339
Email: [email protected]
F104, Hospital Chapel Complex, National Hospital, Central Business District, P.O.Box 2630 Garki, Abuja